Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Conveniently Inexpensively Mulching

This is how I mulch.  For years I use to shovel up grass around my plants, or
buy the expensive landscaping fabric.  I finally became wise and started using newspaper.
Where do I get it?  I get it at the city dump, when I take the trash off.  Also, My husband
often comes home with an arm full when he takes the trash off.  I layer it thick, spray it with water or
it will blow away and then pile on the mulch and, walla! you've got a mulched in bed. 


 It is slowly coming together!  Thanks Hope for my hastas, they will be happy here.



 I also mulched in the tropical bed (Banana trees, Canna, Elephant Ears)
 My Elephant ears are starting to emerge.  I didn't think they were ever going to break ground.
I thought maybe they had rotted, but atlas here they come!


I also decided I needed a potting bench, of sorts.  I took my bakers rack that has been in
storage for years and I am using it.



No comments:

Post a Comment