Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweating it out.

Been sweating it out in the yard today!  Awe how I love hard work with my hands in the dirt.
Been transplanting my Pink Muhly Grass.  It was hiding in the daylily bed before, going unrecognized.


However my husband said it looks like weeds, so this is where it sits until it finds a home.



 My confederate Jasmine is in bloom and it smells heavenly!


 I  love the shade that the crepe myrtles produce under the car port.


 Here is a picture of my orchard, well it is very young.  All my trees have been bought from Lowes 
and most of them produce.  They all started producing the following year after planting.  
I always have pears, peaches and plums.  Still working on trying to get the apples to full size.  I really do
not have the time to prune, spray for bugs and fungicide the way I need to.  Either the bugs or fungus
get most of my fruit when they are young.


I also bought  some pink knock out roses that were marked 50% at Lowes, Yeah for discounts! 
They marked them down because of powdery mildew.  I am sure they will do fine. 


Here I have planted purple heart/wandering Jew alternated with cockscomb (bought at walmart). 
I can not believe that my purple heart comes back every year, it is considered an annual in zone 7.
The cockscomb, have the red plumes on it, I just put them in the ground.  Hope they will come back next year too, but most likely not.


No comments:

Post a Comment